A downloadable game
Submission to Shacknews Jam 2019
Theme: "Be Relatively Evil"
Shade is a 2D metroidvania/platformer inspired by Castlevania and Dark Souls. Prototype includes a short level with 6 rooms and a mini-boss (sends you back to the title screen when beat, no time for a cutscene unfortunately). Originally planned to be longer, but shortened to fit the time constraints of the game jam - would love to continue expanding and improving the game following the conclusion of the game jam.
How To Play:
Reach the last room of the castle and defeat the Hellbeast to win.
- Reflect projectiles by attacking when the projectile is directly ahead of you.
- Meat can be obtained and consumed to restore health by pausing and viewing your inventory and selecting "Use."
- Dash to dodge attacks, close distances and traverse long gaps.
- Gain XP by defeating enemies. Your stats increase with every level up.
- Read more about Monsters and how many you've defeated in the Bestiary in the pause menu.
- [WASD] or [Arrow Keys] - Move
- [SPACE] - Jump
- [Hold SPACE] - Jump Higher
- [Q] - Dash
- [F] - Attack
- (Menus) [ESC] - Pause
- (Menus) [SPACE] or [E] or [ENTER] - Select
- (Menus) [B] - Back
- Left Joystick - Move
- [A] - Jump
- [Hold A] - Jump Higher
- [LB] or [RB] - Dash
- [X] - Attack
- (Menus) [ESC] - Pause (Keyboard Needed)
- (Menus) [SPACE] or [E] or [ENTER] - Select (Keyboard Needed)
- (Menus) [B] - Back (Keyboard Needed)
- Programming - StealthNinja
- All credits for art and audio assets are included in the text file "credits.txt"
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.